In this not so regular segment I have listed five wines I have recently tried that I wouldn't buy again. I share this with you all in the hope that you save your hard earned cash for wines better than those listed below!
1. Rosemount 'Diamond series" 2008 Cab/Merlot - The Rosemount Diamond series does include some decent drops but the Cab/Merlot is not one of them!
2. Montes 2008 Cherub Rose - The 07 Montes Rose was great but the 08 is sour and unpleasant.
3. 2004 Clos Sain Jean Chateaneuf de Pape - At $40 a half bottle this was a real let down. Smelt and tasted like vegemite!
4. Chateau Maris 2004 La Touge Syrah - Bordering on un-drinkable and I would not be at all surprised to be told there is a fault in this wine as I can't see how you could market anything this awful!
5. Botobolar KK's Choice 2005 Shiraz - A small Mudgee producer that missed the mark on this one, rather harsh and unpleasant taste.